On My Lord, I don’t even know where to start with yesterday’s Sopley Mill Winter wedding. So many amazing moments, and brilliant people, and (as you will see) photographic corkers to tell it’s incredible story. Hmm, Its 1.40am and I think I may need to bullet point the highlights if I want to see my bed before dawn.
- Georgia is utterly loveable, I want to keep a version of her on my mantlepiece.
- She loves the lovely Richard, and he obviously dotes on her.
- This family responds very well to little disasters, with belly laughs rather than sighs.
- Georgie’s brilliant, funny, corker of a mum worked so hard to help her pull this incredible day off
- I am fairly sure Amanda & Mark decorated their lovely house in order to make my life easy – heaven!
- Arcade Flowers totally excelled themselves by decorating every inch of Sopley’s dining room – it was breathtaking!
- I bought a fancy doohickey which means I can put people’s names on buildings & cover them in stars. Far too much fun, frankly.
- The fantastic Vanilla Catering were predictably fantastic (helloo macarons!), and they have our thanks for being so brilliant to work with today, and for the yummy dinner.
- Tom’s Bar – Thank you for everything (including impromptu photographic assisting!)
- Georgie wore a stunning Pronovias gown, with Karen Millen shoes & a baller leather jacket because thats how she rolls
- Sopley looked incredible. Did I mention that?
- High five to the dancers – including the dude who ‘over-lunged’ and split his trousers. I apologise for putting your blue pants on the internet #sorrynotsorry
- Equally drunk dude who insisted on me taking 56.4 million pictures of him on the dance floor, I am sorry, most will be deleted, but you’ll thank me for that, really.
- There was sun! SUN! Proper silvery winter light. I nearly wept.
- These brilliant people created a beautiful wedding day that suited them so, so, well, and Emily & I loved being there. Thank you for trusting me to tell your story kids xxx
If you are having a Sopley Mill winter wedding, or a Sopley summer wedding, or in fact any wedding & you want to talk to me about capturing it – get in touch!